There are so many different parlor games that can be played at a children’s party. It really depends on the age of the children and what they are interested in. Here are some ideas to get you started:
1. Simon Says – This is a classic game that can be played with any age group. Just make sure that the instructions are appropriate for the age group.
2. Musical Chairs – This is another classic game that is always a hit with kids. You can even add in some fun variations, like having the kids walk backwards or hop on one foot while they are playing.
3. Hot Potato – This is a great game for kids of all ages. Just make sure that the potato is not too hot!
4. Balloon Pop – This is a great game for younger kids. You can either have them pop the balloons with their hands or feet.
5. Piñata – This is always a hit with kids! Just make sure that you have a variety of candy and prizes inside the piñata so that everyone has a chance to win something.
6. Treasure Hunt – This is a great game for kids of all ages. You can hide treasures around the house or in the backyard and have the kids search for them.
7. Scavenger Hunt – This is another great game for kids of all ages. You can give each child a list of items to find and see who can find them all the quickest.
8. water Balloon Toss – This is a great game for warmer weather parties. Just make sure that you have enough water balloons for everyone to have a turn.
9. Hula Hoop Contest – This is a great game for kids of all ages. See who can keep the hula hoop going the longest!
10. Dance Party – This is always a hit with kids! Put on some fun music and let them dance their heart out!
How to Host Parlor Games in Children’s Party
Do you want to add some extra fun to your child’s birthday party? Parlor games are a great way to do just that! Here are some tips on how to host parlor games at a children’s party:
1. Choose age-appropriate games. Not all parlor games are suitable for young children. Choose games that are appropriate for the age group of the guests at your child’s party.
2. Make sure you have enough supplies. Before the party, make sure you have all the supplies you need for the games you’ve chosen. This includes things like game boards, dice, and playing cards.
3. Set up the game area before the guests arrive. Once the guests start arriving, you’ll be busy greeting them and getting the party started. So, it’s a good idea to set up the game area before the guests arrive. This way, everything will be ready to go when it’s time to play.
4. Explain the rules clearly. Before each game, take a few minutes to explain the rules clearly. This will help avoid any confusion later on.
5. Keep an eye on the clock. Make sure you keep an eye on the clock so you know when it’s time to move on to the next game. You don’t want any of the games to run too long and start taking away from other parts of the party.
With these tips in mind, you’re ready to start planning some fun parlor games for your child’s next birthday party!
Parlor Games Props
There’s something special about parlor games. They’re the perfect way to liven up a party and get everyone interacting. But what’s even more fun than playing a parlor game? Making your own game props!
With a little creativity, you can transform everyday objects into game pieces that will add a whole new level of excitement to your next gathering. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
1. Photo Booth Props – Add some personality to your photos with props that reflect the theme of your party. For example, if you’re throwing a roaring 20s themed bash, use props like feather boas, cigars, and flapper dresses. Or, for a more festive look, try holiday-themed props like Santa hats and reindeer antlers.
2. Scavenger Hunt Clues – Send your guests on a wild goose chase with clues that lead them from one location to the next. Get creative with your clues by hiding them in unexpected places or writing them in code.
3. Murder Mystery Party Props – If you’re hosting a murder mystery party, you’ll need some props to set the scene. Items like fake blood, knives, and rope can be used to create a crime scene that will have your guests solving the case in no time.
4. Board Game Pieces – Give your favorite board games a new twist by creating custom pieces. For instance, you can use miniature figurines or coins as playing pieces in chess or checkers. Or, add some flair to Monopoly by making your own game pieces out of clay or paper mache.
5. DIY Dice – Up the ante on your next board game night by making your own dice. All you need is a little clay and some paint or markers to create dice that are truly unique.
Whether you’re looking for ways to add excitement to your next party or just want to flex your creative muscles, making your own parlor game props is a great way to do it. So get started and see what you can come up with!