In the past, street games were very popular among kids and even some adults. These games were usually played with a ball or some other type of object, and they didn’t require any type of special equipment. Some of the most popular street games include:
1. Stickball: This game is played with a rubber ball and two sticks. The sticks are used to hit the ball against a wall or other surface. The object of the game is to hit the ball as far as possible without letting it touch the ground.
2. H-O-R-S-E: This game is played with a basketball or a soccer ball. Each player takes turns shooting the ball from different locations on the “court”. If a player makes the shot, the next player must attempt the same shot. If they miss, they receive a letter. The first player to spell out “horse” loses the game.
3. Four Square: This game is typically played with a tennis ball on a hard surface, such as concrete or asphalt. There are four squares drawn with chalk on the ground, and each player stands in one of the squares. The object of the game is to hit the ball into another player’s square, and then move into that square. The last player standing in a square is the winner.
4. Dodgeball: This game is played with one or more rubber balls. The object of the game is to hit an opponent with the ball, and then catch the ball before it hits the ground. If you are hit by a ball and catch it before it hits the ground, then you are “out”. The last player standing is the winner..
5. Kickball: This game is similar to baseball, but it is played with a large rubber ball instead of a small baseball. The object of the game is to score runs by kicking the ball and then running around all four bases before the fielders can throw you out.
6. Red Light, Green Light: This game is played with two or more players. One player is “it” and stands at one end of the playing area, while the other players line up at the other end. The object of the game is for “it” to turn their back to the other players and say “green light”, at which point all of the other players can start running towards “it”. Once “it” says “red light”, everyone must stop running and freeze in place. If anyone moves after “it” has said “red light”, then they are out of the game..
Backyard Cricket or Gully Cricket Game
Cricket is one of the most popular games in the world, and its popularity is only increasing with time. The game is played between two teams, each consisting of eleven players. The teams take turns batting and bowling, with the objective of scoring runs and dismissing the opposition. The game is played on a rectangular field, with a pitch in the center. The boundaries of the field are marked by four white posts, called wickets. The wickets are aligned in a line, with three stumps on each wicket. The stumps are placed in the ground, and two bails are placed on top of them.
The game of cricket is believed to have originated in England in the 16th century. It is said that the game was first played by shepherds who used to hit a ball with their crooks. Gradually, the game became popular among all classes of people and started to be played on village greens and in city parks. The first ever recorded match was played in 1697 between two parish teams from Sussex.
With time, cricket became more organized and rules were established. The first ever cricket club was formed in London in 1787. The Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC) is the oldest cricket club in the world and it still plays an important role in the game today. The MCC codified the laws of cricket in 1788 and these laws are still followed today.
Cricket is now played all over the world, with countries like Australia, England, India, Pakistan, South Africa, Sri Lanka, West Indies being some of the powerhouses of the sport. The game is also very popular in countries like Bangladesh, New Zealand and Zimbabwe. Cricket is played at both international and domestic level. Some of the most prestigious tournaments include the Ashes series between England and Australia, the World Cup and the Indian Premier League (IPL).
The game of cricket has evolved a lot over the years and there are now various formats of the game like Test cricket, One Day Internationals (ODIs) and Twenty20 (T20). Test cricket is the longest format of the game and matches can go on for up to five days. ODIs are shorter, with each team batting for a maximum of 50 overs. T20 is the newest format of the game and is extremely popular because it is very fast paced and thrilling. Matches only last for 3-4 hours and there is a lot of action packed into that time.
No matter what format it is being played in, cricket is a sport that can be enjoyed by everyone. So get out there and start playing!
Hide and Seek
Hide and Seek is a classic game that has been around for centuries. It is a simple game that can be played by anyone, anywhere. The object of the game is to find a hiding place for yourself, and then to find the other players who are hiding. The first person to find all the other players is the winner.
Hide and Seek can be played indoors or outdoors. When playing indoors, the best places to hide are usually in small, dark places like closets or under beds. Outdoors, good hiding places can be behind trees, in bushes, or anywhere that you can think of that would be difficult for someone to find you.
When you are playing Hide and Seek, it is important to remember to be quiet and stay hidden. If you are discovered by the person who is looking for everyone, then you become the person who is looking for everyone else. The game is over when the person who is looking for everyone finds everyone else.
Hide and Seek is a great game for all ages. It is a simple way to have fun and get some exercise at the same time.